the beauty blog where

Monday 22 October 2012

"...she goes mad for ELF"

Hia Everyone.

Apologies for not posting in a while. I have been mad busy trying to find another job - so lots of boring applications to fill out and I have been computered out!!!!

Anyways, I took advantage of the Haloween voucher code from eyeslipsface and got a few products...some repurchases and others completely new choices for me.

The voucher code worked out pretty good. It was 40% off a minimum spend of £30.

In total I spent £22.30 (£2.95 was for standard delivery)

The first couple of items were brushes. Pictured below is the Studio Stipple Brush (£2.25) and the Kabuki Face Brush (£3.60). I had never tried any of Elf's stippling brushes before so I purchased this one for my foundation. I am currently using the good old beauty blender but in all honesty, I am getting too lazy in my old age to run to the bathroom to get it wet. I know its about a 10 second job but now its getting cold again in the mornings I just wanna snuggle up at my vanity and sleepily put my face on.

I used it this morning and although it wasn't quite as stiff as I wanted it to be, I was pleasantly surprised. It spread the foundation nice and evenly and reached into the crevices around my nose and eyes (which I always have trouble with the beauty blender due to my large mole of the side of my nose!!!) I did not wash it  prior to using it (as I have no patience for such hygienic practices!!) and only 2 hairs were left on my face.
And who could argue with the price???? Not me!!!
The kabuki brush was a repurchase. Not because it shed and fell apart or I left it on the bus - only because I wanted a second one for in my handbag. This is one of the softest brushes I own and I do find myself stroking it as if it were a kitten! The kabuki I have in my makeup up bag at the moment is the MAC 182. The MAC brush is good yes, but I find i too dense to be a travel item. I am often sat in my car on my lunch redoing bronzer and it picks up way too much product.I end up with a muddy streak on my face and no way of looking good and even, unless I do another streak on the other side!! Either way not good!. This picks up as much product as you want and it buffs it in flawlessly.


I also bought three of their lip stains in the colours (left to right) First Date, Lucky Lady and Birthday Suit. I have never been a big fan of lip products in general due to the need of constant reapplying- which is why these caught my eye. I have never invested in any lip stains because I suffer from dry lips and I thought they would dry my lips out further. However, I few months ago I purchased Lucky Lady and I must confess- I love it!! The colour is suitable for work which is why it likes in my pencil holder at work. The colour is really vibrant and really does last (even through the gallons of coffee I drink). The clear gloss that accompanies the stain is not gloopy and really enhances the colour underneath. These retail at £2.25.
I got one blush called fushia fushion which seems to be a bright pink with golden sparkles. I havent used this blush yet so cannot review its wear but I am in love with the colour.

The last item i got was on a bit of a whim. It is the Studio Eyelashes Kit (£2.25) which comes with a set of lashes, glue, lash stand and applicator.
The lashes do seem a bit OTT and unwearable for an everyday look but what intrigued me about this kit was the applicator. I am so bad at applying lashes it is laughable! I either have them hitting the corner of my eye or so far up that there is a gap between my lashes and the false ones. I am hoping that the applicator will make it easier for me to apply them without ruining the makeup I have already done- I will let you guys know how they work out.

Below is swatches of the lip stains and blusher.
Hope you guys enjoyed my haul and check back soon for more reviews and hauls.

Thanks everyone xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment