the beauty blog where

Wednesday 7 August 2013

....there's a 3 for 2 on Bourjois!!!!

So, it was the first weekend after payday and there was offers on a Boots; which can only mean one thing - Make-up Haul. However, in my defence- this was a rather conservative haul in which I only ventured on two make up stands- Rimmel and Bourjois.

Starting off at Rimmel, I wanted to expand my Lasting Finish by Kate collection and was after a deep red. The one I picked up was No# 111 in Kiss of Life.
 
I wore this at the weekend into town at night and forgot to take it with me (shock horror!!!) But to my pleasant surprise after the initial shine wore off, I was left with a stain of the colour which did not feel dry or uncomfortable in any way. I actually had to keep asking my boyfriend if there was still colour on my lips!!!! 

Mooching on over to Bourjois, there was a 3 for 2 and free sunglasses offer on!!! It would have been rude to pass up on this so firstly I looked at the Colour Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks. 


I picked up (L-R) 03 Orange Punch and 01 Red Sunshine. These claim to be waterproof and have a 10 hour little logo on the tube. However, after having a quick read of the promo literature, I think the 10 hours is only in relation to the comfort and hydration of the lips and not so much the colour unfortunately. That set aside, they have wonderful colour pay off especially in comparison to Clinique's Chubby Stick which is almost double the price. 

Here are swatches of all three lip products;
Left; Bourjois Red Sunrise/ Middle; Rimmel Kiss of Life/ Right; Bourjois Orange Punch


The last thing I picked up was not a necessity but a desire! I had read many reviews on this product and seen so many comparisons to Soleil Tan De Chanel. It is the Bourjois Bronzing Primer. Now the stand out thing for me is the smell- I kind of wish it was a lipstick just so I could lick it off. Instead I put it on my face and hope random strangers don't start licking me. 

This is promoted as a primer to your bronzer and that said I do agree. It doesn't seem to have enough colour in it to warrant being your primary bronzer but I have found that it does even and mattifies the skin as it promises to. 


Last but not least, a little present from Bourjois in the form of these sunglasses..........


It always nice to get a little extra for free when you feel like your constantly handing over money and these shades are of nice quality and would probably suit most face shapes. So thumbs up there for Bourjois- I am no longer squinting in the sunlight whilst wearing my bronzing primer and colour boosts!!! 

Have you took advantage of this offer at Boots? If yes, which goodies did you splurge on???

Take Care xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment