the beauty blog where

Friday 2 August 2013

"......she takes a trip to Superdrug!"

Hello everyone,

Made a slight detour into Superdrug last weekend. Whilst this may not seem a big deal - I'm not a Superdrug local :-( mainly because my local Boots is a bit bigger and the fatal attraction of the Boots Advantage Card gets me every time. 

But, I seen Zoella on YouTube raving about the Sleek blushes so I decided to dare into the unfamiliar store. It was so unfamiliar however, that since the last time I was in there, they had removed the Sleek stand and replaced it with NYC Cosmetics :-( 

So after much stamping of my feet, I decided to look down the remainder of the make up isles and oh how I am glad I did. They, of course have a few different make up brands than their rivals over at Boots, but even the same stands seemed much move inviting in this new environment I found myself in. 

Here is a little snap shot of the results.... 




Of all of this - I probably needed one of these - nope I'm lying!!!! - I did not need any of these but I did not have any willpower to stop Superdrug's Super Powers. 

So a quick run through of the products- firstly may I introduce my new fave brushes!!! These are the real techniques brushes designed by Samantha Chapman. 


From left to right there is the contour brush, pointed foundation brush, detailed brush and lastly the buffing brush. 
I have used these twice now and I'm in love. I am using the contour brush to apply my bronzer to the hollows of my cheeks and to the nose and chin. It applies really nicely and doesn't pick up to much product which decreases the amount I have to tap off. The pointed foundation brush is my new concealer applier. I use it under my eyes and in the centre of my face. The buffing brush has replaced my MAC 129 brush as this has now gone into retirement. The detailer brush I enjoy using to apply my inner corner highlight. 

Secondly, are some products for the eyes, namely Maybelline Colour Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow ( 05 Eternal Gold, 60 Timeless Black) Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Definition, and Bourjois Smoky Ultra Black Eyeliner. 



I have only used one item so far and that it the mascara. This gives a gorgeous feathery effect and just as Bourjois says, it's target is every single lash. This will be my go to mascara for everyday wear - the only downside is that it's a bit of a bugger to get off!!

The next three items are from Kate Mosses line of lipsticks for Rimmel. 



From left to right is 03, 110, 16 - I think these deserve their own blog post so be sure to check back for that.

I decided to switch up my bronzer from the ELF Mineral Glow to the infamous Chocolate bronzer from Bourjois. Not yet tried this but I have high hopes - fingers crossed!!!!



Lastly, is a hair mask by L'Oreal from the Triple Resist range.




 Now I'm not a massive advocate of hair masks mainly because I don't believe they do all the nourishing elements that they promise. Instead, I feel that they literally mask the hair with a soft, slippery coating that tricks you into thinking that your hair as been miraculously salvaged. But, not to generalise too too much !!! I decided to pick this one up to give it a go, just in case my hair is lacking in something that only a hair mask can provide.  

That's it for my little haul!!!

What do you guys think of hair masks and which other Kate Moss lipsticks shall I try???

Night everyone xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment